3 March 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey

So I bit the bullet and went to see Fifty Shades of Grey last week. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had read the first book and then I admit lost interest...a CEO, private planes, a penthouse apartment? It was all a bit much and dramatic. But I thought I would go along to the movie and see what all the rage was about. I must admit the raunchier scenes were alot more tasteful than I thought they would be. Have you seen the movie, what did you think? 

So this along with my new charcoal lounge has got me in a 50 shades of grey frenzy. I am loving shades of grey and a toned down neutral look at the moment for my home. The words 'Scandi Beach House' keep coming to mind and I am quite taken by the idea of creating something with texture, interest and still some warmth for my living room. Here is what I have been pinning to get inspiration for the look I am wanting to achieve.



 








Image sources 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /

Along with my shades of grey fascination at the moment, I am obsessing over African Juju hats. I put the callout on Instagram asking what you think of them and if you would hang one in your home. This is the look I love....

Image sourced from here

What do you think? I have a burning desire to attempt a DIY one and have sourced where to buy the feathers and supplies from. I would love to know what you think though. Have you attempted a DIY version and saved yourself the $600 pricetag? Do you know what an African Juju hat too?! 

 I would love to know your thoughts and ideas on making a Scandi Beach house living space. Until next time, 
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

15 comments :

  1. I like the furniture more than the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grey colour scheme and have thought about making one of those myself - where do you source the feathers? Is there a huge price saving in DIYing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Malinda, to buy a juju hat you are looking at around $600. I have worked out to DIY it it will be under $80. Although its not cheap to buy all of the feathers, I think its a great saving:) I am so excited to make it. This is where I am buying the feathers from ---- https://www.feather.com.au/shop/category/coque-tails-strung You buy the feathers on a string, this way they all stay together and you then hot glue gun it. Let me know if you try it! :):) A x

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of an African Juju hat!
    I like some of those room looks, but that one with the blanket falling off the couch on to the ground really bothers me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, I would never leave a blanket dangling like that! But when styling, it does look 'lived in' and homely which I guess is the look they are going for. Oh I am obsessed with the juju hat idea, can't wait to make one :)

      Delete
  4. Oh too funny - I have post in my drafts about exactly the same thing and we have even used two of the same images. Good minds ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! That is so coincidental, look forward to reading it. Always on the hunt for more grey inspiration :) xx

      Delete
  5. Some great inspiration in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read the books, no desire to see the movie!!! However, I do lust after a juju hat but the price tag is just too prohibitive. I've never thought of making them before - but I have a hot gun and access to feathers so I'm going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Let me know how you go. My goal is to purchase the feathers this week, then I have no excuse. Have fun with it x A

      Delete
  7. Those simple grey and white rooms are beautiful! So classic and neutral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, so calming and relaxing looking. Thanks for stopping by Katy x

      Delete
  8. These are all gorgeous. I love your 50 shades of Grey. Stunning. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those interior pics. The magazine rack in the second one, I wants!
    I used to want a Juju. Good on you for contemplating making one. That would be beyond me but you will have to share how you go.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails