28 August 2013

Upcycling a small bookshelf


I finally had a day off today and was able to finish off a few projects that were in the 'yet to complete pile'. This was one of those. It is a little bookshelf that we had for many years when I was growing up. When I moved out of home I took it with me, using it as a shoe rack for many years. It had a hard life and was quite weathered, having homed my large collection of shoes. I always loved the style of it and couldn't part with it, so upcycling it and giving it a new lease of life was the answer.


Someone had given it a coat of paint on the top before. It sure had seen better days!


I sanded the timber back and gave painted it with white wash paint to give it that vintage, distressed look. It is the perfect size against my kitchen wall (the only vacant wall in the living area at the moment luckily!) and homes some of my precious nic-knacks.


I am so happy with the finish and am glad it can stay with me for a few more years!


Thanks for stopping by!

Xx Ashlea


No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails