2 July 2013

The Ultimate Banana Cake Recipe


Vintage brown sugar tin ♡♥♡

This recipe is a family favourite, passed down to me from my Mum and her older sister Lyn. Growing up, this was one of my favourites and never lasted long in my household, as it truly is the greatest! I always make this recipe when I have overripe bananas, as the trick to this recipe is to have that rich overripe banana taste!

Banana Cake Ingredients:
  • 125g butter (softened)
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 ½ cups self raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon milk
Method:
  1. Beat sugar and butter in a bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy
  2. Beat in eggs, one at a time
  3. Mash bananas and then pour into the mixture, beat well
  4. Sift dry ingredients and then fold into the mixture alternatively with the sour cream and milk
  5. Pour into a greased tin (I use a round cake tin, approx. 20cm diameter by 7cm height)
  6. Bake in a moderate oven for approximately one hour
Icing Ingredients:
  • 60 grams of butter
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of sour cream
  • 1½ cups sifted icing sugar
Method:
  1. Place butter and brown sugar into a small saucepan
  2. Stir over a low heat for 2 minutes
  3. Add sour cream and bring to the boil
  4. Remove saucepan from heat and then stir in sifted icing sugar until smooth
  5. Pour icing over cake and enjoy :)






I hope you enjoy this family favourite a much as I do! I would love to know how the recipe turns out for you :)

Enjoy Xx Ashlea

No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails